Sunday, January 08, 2006

First love

First loves are special.



The first time your eyes sparkle on hearing his name.
The first time you’d run to pick up the telephone before your parents could get it.
The first time you dressed carefully hoping he would notice.
The first time the joy of a secret was in not sharing. Or maybe sharing with a few friends. Very few.
The first time you pushed aside that feeling of maybe-it-is-wrong.
The first time you wondered how it would be to kiss and blushed at the thought.
The first time you sat in front of a paper and tried to write as prettily as possible. Love stories meant more than they ever did…

Yes, first loves are special.

It was their first love. Both of them, who’d tell me almost everything, didn’t tell me this. That’s when I realized it must be.

I sat in the car watching both of them talk. Or made deliberate attempts not to talk to each other. I was given way too much attention.

She was tired, she said after sometime. Removing her glasses, she handed it over to him, “That’s my life. Be careful.”

Teenagers and their need for drama, I thought sleepily.

I saw him look for a space to put her glasses. Nothing deemed fit a place to lay them, for I saw him look around and score off the numerous possibilities.

I saw him even look at the place near the dashboard where my poor glasses moved left and right, as my crazy driver veered. Oh, they weren’t my life anyway!

She was a quick sleeper. And after making sure she was, I saw him place her glasses carefully into the pocket of his shirt.

Oh, of course I was asleep. I didn’t see a thing. I wouldn’t say a word.

18 Comments:

Blogger Dhanya said...

:) shoooooooooo shwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!! loved it as usual! ****, i am still thinking about it...and somehow a smile spreads from my heart and hangs on my lips...it is REALLY A SWEET ONE!

12:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading your words are like cycling through the streets by the beach littered with Bougainvillea flowers from the old french houses. Kids are growing up are'nt they? And we older, wiser ?? well, almost..

2:15 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Dalloway said...

Dhanya: Yeah... kids and their love. Sweet.

Anon: Not sure who this is, but am sure about the description of the place. One can't miss Pondicherry anywhere. Older, yes. Wiser...soon!

3:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

story's familiar...well! at least I know the current status...hell! ur description was bang-on...I actually laughed when I had moi first 'heart-burn'...dint really believe in the possibility of flipping for someone!!hehehehe...
maaan!!soooober Pvij! :D

4:03 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Dalloway said...

Sharat: Everyone has a love. And a first time that it happens... And then comes the first heartbreak that is unavoidable and after that you are never ever the same.

5:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so true Pvij....so true!!
hmmmm...but it was fun tripping when I did!!! ;D

5:27 AM  
Blogger Sujit said...

very well said.. yeah.. first love is truly unforgettable and the feelings are something different!..

11:32 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Dalloway said...

Sharat: Yes, its fun and an awful lot at that.

Sujit: The feelings are... what do I say, at extremes?! Yes, at extremes...

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

uh.....hmmmmm.......@#$%.....&*^%$******.....it's BEAUTIFULLY WRITTEN......

6:54 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Dalloway said...

Anon: Ah so it is YOU!!!! Finally you read something I write!

8:53 PM  
Blogger Quantum Dot said...

who is this???

11:38 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Dalloway said...

Romonov: Who is which? Am clueless here!

1:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty..really pretty.are those teens in love?

7:13 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Dalloway said...

Forastera: I think so.

8:58 PM  
Blogger aks said...

hey love..... u r a darling....love u lots...

4:38 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Dalloway said...

Aks: And I love you too sweetheart! A lot, lot, lot!

10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does 'first love' happen several times? Or did I mistake it for a 'first love', everytime it happenned?

9:26 AM  
Blogger بروكر said...


I definitely love this site.
http://prokr.over-blog.com/
http://prokr2020.angelfire.com/prokr2020/
https://sites.google.com/view/prokr2020
https://www.prokr.net/ksa/jeddah-water-leaks-detection-isolate-companies/

2:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home