Friday, December 16, 2005

Bye bye blackbird

I must stop writing about him. Maybe another time…

Lying on the grass at Sheep Meadow in Central Park, New York.

The colors of fall. If alone loss was this colorful in life…



He rolls over on his stomach and looks at me. I am in deep thought. I am making stories of people who the only offense they did, was fall in my life of vision.

A couple looking through photo albums. Maybe a son they sent to war...

Two college students kissing each other taking occasional breaks to breathe and drink some water. Must be nouveau love…

He catches me looking at them intently.
A kiss and I taste the coffee only one of us drank.
Eyes lower instinctively and a smile at the corner remains.
Another kiss that tries to steal that smile away. It only spreads it.

Lying on my back looking at a grey that tries to steal the blue of the sky. Successfully.

I've been trying not to say them too long. I give in...

“Main aur meri tanhayee aksar yeh baatein karte hain.
Tum hote toh aisa hota.
Tum hote toh waisa hota.
Tum is baat pe kitna hanste.
Tum is baat pe hairan hote.
Main aur meri tanhayee aksar yeh baatein karte hain.”

He waits. I don’t oblige.

I like to hear his voice. It now says, “And it means…?”

I translate. Or try to. While trying to hold on to the beauty of the lines. The significance shouldn’t overtake the beauty, I insist.

“That was almost poetry”, he tells me.

“I wish you could’ve understood the original without my translation”, I muse lazily plucking at an unrelenting blade of grass.

“Maybe it wouldn’t have been as beautiful”

I realize, yet again, how foolish people in love are.

There remains only a tiny stretch of blue in the sky. Its like an unrung school bell, which tells us, go home.

Like obedient school kids, we pick our bags and walk out.
His warm fingers entangle my cold ones.

22 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hugs. Take care of yourself.

7:47 AM  
Blogger Sujit said...

"I realize, yet again, how foolish people in love are."... pretty much true.. And the picture is too good. Seems like you are completly lost inthe world of thoughts...!!..

9:11 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Dalloway said...

Ph: I'm gonna miss talking to you. *Hug*

Sujit: Am completely lost!

10:00 AM  
Blogger Sujit said...

Comon.. cheerup..!! lost for soemtime is fine.. there are other things to carry on!!....

11:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I like the way you carry your loss. You seem to be enjoying it, almost relishing it. Its a fine thing to do, for it doesnt come too often.

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tumse milke aisa laga,
Tumse milke armaan hue poore dil ke...Aye mere jaane wafaa! :)

Bhool gayi inn lafzon ko!!!
You had to get senti...
remember ;)
Loadsa luv :D

10:22 PM  
Blogger ashish said...

"how foolish people in love are"

Something I'll never have an answer to :-(

10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just chill!

9:38 AM  
Blogger Sikhar said...

Great writing; great pictures; great bolg

12:48 AM  
Blogger aks said...

hey love.....
Main aur meri tanhayee....tats something...i love my loneliness...it gives me an "ajeeb sa nasha jo shayad hei koi jaam mujhe deh paye.." :-))

2:15 AM  
Blogger Arvind Iyer said...

Poornima, do you plan to publish any of this stuff ?

5:15 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

First time here. I couldnt wait to read the complete post to comment on this beautiful pic. :-) Keep posting more.

9:29 AM  
Blogger yesbob said...

"how foolish people in love are .."
read this :D
take care!!

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sujit: In the process...

Lazy Strokes: Masochism I guess. I love writing. I love him. In some wierd transitive way, I love writing about him.

Kalabaan: Thank you.

Sharat: I always am the sentimental fool! Btw, I love that song from Parinda.

Ashish: Its a fact. I've learnt to accept it.

6:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anon: Sounds like a bad Salman Khan movie!

Sikhar: Thank you.

Aks: Its the Pink Floyd sweetheart!

Arvind: Find me a publisher will you?

Jo: Welcome.

Yesbob: Will read it.

6:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautifyl.. as usual..
:))

8:41 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Dalloway said...

Anon: Thank you.

Btw, all those previous replies were mine. Wonder why I wasn't signed into my account!

10:47 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Dalloway said...

Kalaaban: Thank you. That was indeed a compliment and somehow am not sure what exactly to say.

7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alrt...had to resort to this mode of comm?!! no option!!
where u at dudette?!
Hope this New Year brings forth all the love and happiness that you deserve!!
cheers! :D

10:03 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Dalloway said...

Sharat: Main yahaan... Thank thank you.

8:41 PM  
Blogger AV said...

hey poornima.. can you tell me which movie this song is from?..."mein aur meri thanhayee"?

pls mail me anoopvarghese123@yahoo.com

9:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

''This is a thing,,offenly happens, with all ..... who do believe in ''love''......????? because << har kisee ko nahee milataa, yahaa pyaar jindagee mein

khushanasib hain wo jinako hai milee, ye bahaar jindagee mein...

takecare dear...

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home