Monday, July 03, 2006

Meet the friends

I am charming. Witty. Smart of course. And pretty in an unconventional way.

I am the aunt that my cousins' children will whisper secrets to. I am the cousin that cousins hug at railway stations and hold hands when they cross the road. The fact that I am terrible at crossing roads is another story altogether. But you get the drift don't you? I am the girl that aunts always say nice things about. Uncles love talking to. Ah- I see you've got it.

No, not the angelic one. But the smart, witty- the first line things. Yeah- that's it.

So why the sudden attack of panic when he asks me to meet his friends, you might very well ask. Oh- is it natural and hence you aren't?

My hands shake nervously when I wear the eye liner. It looks like something my cousin's 3 year old son has drawn. This is the part where I should down a gulp of Scotch to steady my hands. I'll stock it up, I promise.

The dress feels too loose. The hair is better not talked about. I'm heading for the barber shop when this is over.

But I do look nice. Not as nice as the day before- but still. I wait for him to pick me up. He doesn’t say much. Maybe we should do this another day.

When we park the car, he points to the other car in the driveway saying it’s them. And adds unhelpfully, "You bet every eye out there is on you!"

The heels were too high. But thankfully the driveway wasn't too lit.

Here's the gist. My carefully planned conversations, suitable answers, and smart repartees weren't used. You can borrow them if you want.

They were a rowdy bunch, oh yes. Food was devoured at a pace I watched stunned. I’m never inviting them home.

And language. Well, I’m gonna make sure my mom never meets them.

And they so excluded me from there conversation. Half an hour later, I joined in lustily. I hate being left out.

If you thought I didn’t like it, well no. I quite enjoyed it. Well, I am always like this. I crib about everything I like.

But I am gonna pay him back for this. Coz I am a woman. More so, coz it’s just me!

He’s gonna meet my friends. And I’m picking the worst of the lot.

Let me see… there’s one who only talks about animals- her cats. He hates cats.

And there’s this one who talks about the latest book on the top charts. He never reads.

And my own favorite who talks about her Randle Patrick McMurphy in her psychiatry department. He hates cuckoos.

21 Comments:

Blogger athen said...

Nice blog, with lots of interestings post. I like it.

10:04 PM  
Blogger Shinu Mathew said...

That's the best revenge you can give him!! :))

10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pvij...
that is such a true description dudette...hehehee...was laffin visualising the whole thing...

am likely to do a 'meet the parents' thingy sometime soon...will have some funny inputs fer ya am sure.... ;p

11:30 PM  
Blogger mathew said...

ROTFL!!..payback time..eh..??
But what u are gonna do is a tad crueler!!!..eh..

only good thing about cats are catwalks!!!!

1:53 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Dalloway said...

Athen: Thank you. See you around.

Shinu: He he! :)

Sharat: Oh wow!! Things sure are heating up!

Mathew: I like cats!!!!!!!!!!

4:02 AM  
Blogger Pritika Gupta said...

U said njoyed there company.. then y revenge??

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool blog - I enjoyed your postings.
http://eminseattle.spaces.msn.com

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your al-ter ego and/or you are definitely smart in the unconventional way. forget the looks. who needs it! and it shows .....ooddles and ooddles... i love that. carry on senorita.. with your cats, walks and cuckoos ....head high in the air. BTW what do you call a lady matador - a marauder may be?

10:32 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Dalloway said...

Pritika: Just like that! Revenge is sweet! :)

Anon: Thank you.

Em: Two times thank you!

OAC: He he! Plundering huh? Lol!

10:23 PM  
Blogger rākeśvara said...

what took so long to blog?

9:24 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Dalloway said...

Raka: Hardly find the time! How I hate these spells. This one seems to be lasting longer than ever! :(

10:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Have you ever seriously thought about sculpting a character.. maybe a few, and then letting them play around with each others lives and... you get the drift, dont you? :)

2:45 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Dalloway said...

Lazy Strokes: There already is one, don't you think? Haven't you been able to identify her in the various strains of my writing?

4:15 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, I do know her. Maybe this is more fun that actually writing a book or something.

1:32 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Dalloway said...

Lazy strokes: Well, I'd like a book too! :)

4:50 AM  
Blogger Sudarshan. A. G. said...

Hahahahahaha... "There is one which talks only about cats" Precious!!! :))

11:22 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Dalloway said...

Sudarshan: I see you've been reading up on several posts at the same time. How've you been?

10:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi,can i know more abt u
kerabyte@gmail.com
student
awestuck fan of ur blog
plz do not ignore

7:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read Camping weekends buttman anal 7 car wax Dental reduced plans Search engine placement ad dakhla http://www.dallas-life-insurance-agencies.info/Overseas-long-stay-travel-insurance.html free mobile adult videos pontiac wheels Alfa romeo lamentele company insurance professional travel lesbian twin erotica Axwell - watch the sunrise annual travel multitrip insurance quotation Xxx big naturals manuela free debt help 4u

5:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Morgage refinancing london Stationery easton md virgin mobile australia - mobile phones cheap calls free ... email fax coconut oil supplement cheap calls from americ Lassen forex

1:25 AM  
Blogger jasonbob said...

balenciaga shoes
authentic jordans
giannis antetokounmpo shoes
jordans shoes
golden goose shoes
golden goose
supreme
off white hoodie
off white jordan 1
kd 13

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home