Saturday, May 26, 2007

The Last Time I Committed Suicide

People with an imagination and a vivid one at that never commit suicide. Take me for example. I really thought about it.

Standing in the train station at Frankfurt. The cold clean gleaming tracks that meet only to part. A casual fall when the train enters the station would be all that it takes. Till then a cheerful countenance and maybe even strike up a conversation with the fat lady beside me. Oh- I am terrific actor alright. I remember Sr. Joseph wiping her eyes seeing me die as a very young Romeo with a penciled curling moustache. Juliet found it difficult to hold back tears hearing my dialogues- she wasn't supposed to, remember she supposedly dies before Romeo.

So as I was saying, I would maintain a light and perhaps even witty dialogue with the fat lady. And my shoelaces that always come undone would conveniently come undone when the train enters and I would lean a tad too forward.

And the silver shuddering train that always rushes on precarious tracks. It would mostly be in black and white because I like it that way.

And the fall. In slow motion. Gracefully- as that would be my last fall. I can't fall any lower.

And the train like angry words that cant stop too soon would run over me. The smell of crunching bones and flesh in squealing protest. The blood alone in red. Like a Quentin Tarantino movie.

The warm and rusty taste of it. The trickles in small rivulets. And my last unsaid and unheard thoughts.

That's how I never committed suicide. One just shouldn't think too much.

I got into the train. I'll imagine an accident till I get off at work.

12 Comments:

Blogger A Liberated Soul said...

How can you do this(imgaine/write) Poornima??? I just love the way you explain your thoughts. Very unique!

9:25 PM  
Blogger Shim said...

Molu, i hope this vacation is doing u good!u can expect a mail from us anytime! Interesting post :)

11:08 PM  
Blogger Preetha Nair said...

Lady...I wait for your posts and you surprise me with your subjects and make the wait worth :)

Keep Writing

6:58 AM  
Blogger Pritika Gupta said...

fully agree with preetha.. u r good lady.. waiting for ur book..wud love to read small stories..or sth romantic

4:40 PM  
Blogger aks said...

hey sweetheart.....loved the post........beautiful one

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brilliant !

12:22 PM  
Blogger Amruth said...

Hmm.. beg to differ, but I feel this one's kinda forced post. Somehow I can't see the same depth in the flow, as your other stories which have something more to tell, make the user think, recollect and get lost in memories... than just a nice observation weaved into a story.

nyway, would still love to read on. Waiting for the next one!

10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poornima, just hang in there and enjoy ur vacation. We will see you soon in India!

5:56 AM  
Blogger Jubin George said...

Death is a subject that demands the most brilliant and original of one's imaginations, for the simple reason no one can experience it and write it. And I felt you failed to express that orgasmic finish of the act of life in its 'indescribable' brilliance. Or, may be, you were too tentative to cross the line :)

11:45 PM  
Blogger dharmabum said...

morbid. seriyana vetti pa nee. and u've stopped replying to comments as well. heard from someone u're making a lot of money - is there a correlation, i wonder? :)

12:31 AM  
Blogger Sudarshan. A. G. said...

Just needs graphics to be another frank miller story.. :)

1:57 AM  
Blogger Siva Sankar Panduri said...

Good...but title?...

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home