Friday, March 30, 2007

Frankfurt diaries

I am alone in the room. By chance. And it makes me happy no end.

I like the sounds my fingers on the keyboard make. Serious typing. Or random drumming when I am thinking. These sounds that I don’t share with anyone…

I like getting out and fixing myself a warm tea. Opening a bag of Tetley brought from India. The warm smell that wafts out of the mug when I dip my teabag. The swirling milky drops that change colour especially when I stir furiously. And the taste of home.

I like standing by my window. Hail in Frankfurt is as pretty as it can get, but only when you are inside. I sometimes open my window and throw my hands out. To catch the falling flakes. They are an illusion that disappear in your warm crisscrossed brown palm.

I like pulling my scarf into various knots around my neck. I like the way it flaps in the wind. I wonder if I will run behind it if it flies off. Knowing me, I would just let it go. I am tired of trying to catch things that run away.

I like standing near the crackling heater in the hall. The strong heat of which reminds me of the summers in Chennai.

I like watching my mobile. Willing it to ring. Most often just the time digits in the display change.

I am the lost jigsaw puzzle of a single piece set.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Single piece set, lost jigsaw... How do you write such stuff!!!!

Amazing as always!

2:44 AM  
Blogger Manu said...

Ich liebte es gerade
:)

3:26 AM  
Blogger TheExperimentalMom said...

I love you!

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for dropping by and for the comment too!

11:02 AM  
Blogger mathew said...

u captured loneliness very well..i too felt the same when i came here..puttin ur hands out to catch the snow only too see em melt away!!

nice one..

3:45 AM  
Blogger Sudarshan. A. G. said...

:)

5:46 AM  
Blogger Dev Nair said...

The other in you.

7:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing writing! I loved the lines "I am tired of trying to catch things that run away." and "I am the lost jigsaw puzzle of a single piece set."

I feel like this sometimes.

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

me too Poo..... too tired...
but there is a saying...
if you love something set it free.. if it comes back its yours or it was never yours...

4:48 AM  
Blogger BaKfIrE said...

felt the same but couldnt pen down as you but then i love to be a lost piece of jigsaw puzzle(a tribute to you!)

1:43 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Dalloway said...

M: Ty

Manu: Ty and welcome

Sparsh: :) Me too!

Mathew: German loneliness factor! :)

Sudarshan: Hows it going dude?

6:52 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Dalloway said...

Dev: The me.

V.C: *Hug*

Anon: Its amazing, the inclination for things to run away!

Anon: Ty!

6:53 AM  
Blogger maxi said...

tea!
do u get golgappas?

9:26 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Dalloway said...

Asish: Looooooooooooong time! How've you been? Nope- no gols!

1:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home