Thursday, March 22, 2007

Mélange à trois



D- German. Always has a BASIC QUESTION. Pragmatic and ambivalent are his favourite words. As a matter of statistical importance, every 2 lines have either word. My personal favourites are when both occur in the same line. He can never understand why I suddenly break into a smile at a statement. I am not telling.

S- German. Always has a FUNNY STORY. Most often they are not funny. But I laugh anyway coz I like him.

I- Indian. I always have a DOUBT. I am the observer. But you already know me. So I will next myself.

H- French. Is always agreeable. She has a language problem. But saying yes in any language is easy. So she does that. But I like her. Especially when she looks at me over plates of French food and asks, "Yes?" Saying yes in any language is easy. 'Yes.'

M- Italian. Is always MELANCHOLY. He is like a suffering bird. In his long black coat that covers is almost cylindrical body, his hunched shoulders and his hands cupped behind him; he reminds me of a penguin. But beyond all this lies unexpected wit. He rarely talks, but when he does it takes me a moment and then I burst into peals of laughter. He never is too comfortable with his jokes understood. Unhappy Feet.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I - Indian. can always understand. happiness is too cosy a space.

10:06 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Dalloway said...

OAC: The Indian bit got missed from the drafts! Will change it back! Happiness is too cosy. Yes.

12:52 AM  
Blogger dharmabum said...

a trois? je ne comprendre pas :(

1:48 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Dalloway said...

Balu: Am in Frankfurt. So je ne comprende pas Francais! :P

1:50 AM  
Blogger mathew said...

Guten tag..viel spass!! ;-P

ah..nice to see u in deutschland!!

1:32 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Dalloway said...

Mathew: Selben zu dir. Long live google! :)

4:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hope u r enjoying ur stay there. I met with amma some days back. will be going home sometime this week hopefully when kunzhi comes.

11:33 PM  
Blogger Sudarshan. A. G. said...

A swede on my table in delhi:

This bottle of wine here can get me 70 haircuts. But the same thing will get me half a haircut in sweden.

I think the German will like this character.

5:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home