Monday, May 19, 2008

Rough drafts

Family
the cut cord
which refuses to remain uncut.

Love
like twisting pain
searing
asking for a choice.

Relationships
demand
a sacrifice
no less than
giving up
me.

I write
in broken words
so
people understand
less
or
more.

Son.
Daughter.
Mom.
Dad.
I hope you enjoyed the sex while you made us.

I never claimed to be
intelligent.
You assumed.
I pretended.

I heard
his
heart beat.
His
heartbeat.

When he wrapped his arms
around me
I wanted to be
a better gift
than I was.

9 Comments:

Blogger alone in d crowds said...

Why is it that i hate u so much for writing some truths that none of us wanna confess
yet come back to u time n again...
HUGS
ty.. for bein a pseudoconscience

3:28 AM  
Blogger Ty Pheng said...

Simple broken words BUT intense feelings and emotions you dig up.

3:37 AM  
Blogger Arvind Iyer said...

Wow...even your trash looks good :)

9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Son... Daughter! I loved that :P Good one!

9:53 AM  
Blogger Preetha Nair said...

may be its just for today,
life looks like an Incomplete collage...

10:36 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Dalloway said...

Alone in d crowds: We all are suckers for self punishment. That's why you come back again.

Ty: :) Your comments make me more than happy.

Arvind: Hehe! Mom would'nt agree though!

Mahesh: :)

Preetha: Thats because we keep adding and deleting less and more everyday.

8:06 PM  
Blogger one among the crowd said...

hi poorima,

mayhem...mayhem...ah ha...!!

baggages or thoughts,
rough drafts or (k)nots

the echo....loud....enough....

ENJOYED... the outburst...

keep posting..

11:28 AM  
Blogger tittoo6 said...

Hello Poornima

An absolute whopper of an effort!!! An enviable fusion of intuitive emotion and spiritual nostaligia.

Maybe Jim Morrisson was an inspiration??

Please keep the posts flowing

All the best

Venkat

2:42 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Dalloway said...

OAC: Outbursts quite frequent these days!

Venkat: He's wow!

12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home