Wednesday, April 06, 2005

It rained in Chennai today…


Through the window Posted by Hello

Walking from my apartment to the road, I saw the most divine puddle ever… I looked ruefully at my dress-pale blue! What a waste of a delicious puddle! And I am old enough to walk around a puddle; not jump into it…

Evening I was thrilled. Work over and walking home, I carried my umbrella in my hand- unopened. The rain fell on… I love the rains…


On the pane Posted by Hello

Nearing the apartment, I was greeted with a wide expanse of brownish black or even blackish brown (I am a woman after all!) water!

My acrobatic skills were again put to test. I walked gingerly around the water body, climbed onto the little bit of verandah that was left of the other apartment in the compound, clung onto window sills and hopped over stones- I finally crossed the totally uninviting waters and reached the other side…


And finally down Posted by Hello

The rest of the way looked decent enough. A few meters from my apartment, there was this small little puddle…

Do not lead me into temptation…Please….

I jumped onto it, splashed all the water around-onto my dress and smiled victoriously! Aha!

This is called bliss. Contentment could also be used. Felicity, Rapture, Ecstasy-the dictionary provides me with a few other synonyms that but help express what I felt.

I walked happily and ‘dirtily’ into my apartment…a trail of dirty water behind me and a beatific smile on my face…

7 Comments:

Blogger Buccaneer said...

rain in chennai now??? october is the time, isnt it?

8:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bliss... real bliss..

9:25 PM  
Anonymous Gouthami said...

U naughty...tats how i see brownish black or blackish brown (am one too,chuckle)..near the chappal stand in our flat...mmm...caught u...come home today evening..got a treat for u...;-)

10:53 PM  
Blogger Reva said...

I enjoy your style Poornima. But a dirty puddle is not something I can appreciate. You are lucky that the house didnt stink... I would have caught you red-handed.. oops black-footed!!

11:12 PM  
Blogger Poornima said...

Buccaneer: It rained in Chennai. October is the time though. But am glad it did yesterday...

Anonymous: Bliss? You mean the rain?

Gouthami: Am coming straight home from work...

Rukmani: I had a bath as soon as I entered. I even washed my sandals! :p

4:53 AM  
Blogger Sherilla Lay said...

you have beautiful photos

5:59 AM  
Anonymous kerabyte said...

two years ago i participated in a digital photography competition , i didnt win any price , well they showed on a giant screen the picture which got the first prize, it was the same picture of rain drops in this episode of ur blog ,
the same picture is in wiki too if u search for macro , i was fuming i complauned to the organizers via email and they dropped that prize

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home