Thursday, March 17, 2005

I wish I believed this...

 Posted by Hello


One night I had a dream.

I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
one belonging to me and one to my Lord.



When the last scene of my life flashed before me,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.


I noticed that many times along the path of
my life there was only one set of footprints.


I also noticed that it happened at the very
lowest and saddest times in my life.


This really bothered me and I
questioned the Lord about it:


"Lord, you said that once I decided to follow
you, you'd walk with me all the way.
But I have noticed that during the most
troublesome times in my life,
there is only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why when
I needed you most you would leave me."

The Lord replied:


"My son, my precious child,
I love you and I would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering,
when you see only one set of footprints,
it was then that I carried you."

2 Comments:

Blogger June-An said...

On the request of the lovely brain teaser, here I am struggling against my laziness just to make the world know that I love this one... footprints in the sand... inspired me in many ways and touched the lives of more than one. So a little thanks' of course attributed to our host for having the wisdom to include such a masterpiece onto her blog.

2:02 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Dalloway said...

Fadia- someone who came accidently into my yahoo mailbox and someone who's been making me smile from morning. She offered me candles to help me sleep... she even sang a French song for me...Fadia, who's arm is hurting today because she got herself vaccinated.... Fadia, who types with her toes...

Thank you Fadia for calling me a lovely brain teaser- lovely- I wouldnt say... actually- the rest of it I wouldnt say too...

To Fadia- the one who gives life to roses...

3:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home