Sunday, February 06, 2005

My best friend’s blog…

I never was a source of what one would called ‘inspiration’ and in the good sense! Look what I have 'inspired' Sowmya to do...

http://asbpoonakutty.blogspot.com/

Here’s her blog- she chose to name it “Memoirs of my life!”

Gulp! Sowmya- something’s in life are best left unsaid sweetheart! She’s not had it for more than 48 hours and the poor blog has already been chirstned and re-christened a number of times!

Sowmya....

I met her when I did my engineering. The first glimpse of her I had was of a girl with freshly washed hair coming out of the bathroom, bucket in hand.

Sniffing I asked her; “Wow! Your hair smells really nice. Vatika?”

Looking at me with those scornful eyes, she said snobbishly (oh yes, you did- don’t you argue now!), “Uh?”

We went on to be the best of friends. Without her I probably would never have completed my four years of engineering. No…not that she helped me study. The place was awful. We rubbed the wrong side of all the staff almost immediately. The seniors were a terror! Our batch boys were the sickest that ever graced the earth- cat calls, rude whistles, ruder nicknames, anonymous letters, vulgar writings on the wall… a lot of drama- which we could have very well done without… we were the centre of a lot of bad attention…

If not for her… I would have discontinued the course, I swear!

Long walks to the beach every evening… sitting by that bench we marked as ‘ours’… listening to the lapping of the backwaters against the embankments… the gurgles of the fishes… we sat contentedly in silence… Sometimes we would listen to some great music on the walkman.

I am very selfish when it comes to sharing- especially myself. I knew that love leads to pain… so I stayed clear from that emotion- both from boys and girls alike…

But with her….I learnt what it is to love and be loved …completely and unconditionally.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sowmya said...

Hi sweetheart,
love u lots da..my eyes were filled with tears when i read ur blog...poornima, the sowmya u once knew is not longer there da..i have forgotten how it is to love..i miss u lots da!

3:16 AM  
Blogger vimalgasper said...

may God bless your friendship...

1:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home