Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Lonely places…

I am reading a book by Pico Iyer called “Falling off the map”. He talks about lonely places- places that are not on international wavelengths, do not know how to carry themselves and are lost when it comes to visitors they are shy, defensive, curious places; places that do not know how they are supposed to behave. He then goes on to talk about his visit to Argentina, North Korea, Cuba, Paraguay, Vietnam … and a host of other places.

All exotic to me- who’s never seen any of these places… and I won’t tell you which places but some of them I had to look up the map to determine their location! So now I can at least proudly claim to have seen it all- thanks to world maps!

Was he traveling looking for these places… or did he actually visit them and then found them to be lonely? Or did he have an idea that these places will be lonely places and went on to confirm his hunch? Was the title written first and then the chapters? I wonder…

There are more lonely places. “Would you care to visit my room?”, said Poornima to Mr. Pico Iyer.

True, it is geographically insignificant… A tour would cost you nothing. And you would end before you begin the walk! But it’s a lonely place for sure…

See what the leaving of a person can do! Not that he ever spent more than half an hour on the whole, in my room…

I guess then I am not talking about my room anymore….

Well sorry Mr. Pico Iyer- I guess I’ll have to look for an author who’s written about lonely people!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sowmya said...

sweetheart..about the unsaid part...well no one other than just a few gals know of the very existence of my blog..and i just wanted to share those moments with u and ppl i care for..so this was the thing i could think of..and of course i can read it for myself whenever i want na!

5:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://hapna.com/pre/buypropeciaonline/#31159 propecia buy no prescription - propecia 5mg uk

2:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am extremely inspired along with your writing skills and also with the layout for
your blog. Is that this a paid theme or did you modify it your self?
Either way stay up the excellent quality writing, it is uncommon to peer
a nice blog like this one these days..

My website: cenaless

3:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home